As government restrictions ease we are planning to re-open the church for public worship on 30 August. Here you will find all relevant information.
As we all look forward to returning to church, please have patience with us and the stewards. It is new for everyone and we are doing our best to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible – however there will be glitches, it is a steep learning curve. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We will continue to Zoom the service from inside the church; if you are not able or ready to return join us on Zoom using the usual log in.
- Numbers are limited – ensure you book your space. Book the space for you/your household or bubble by phoning or emailing Revd Mike between Thursday and Saturday lunchtime. Should you have extremely limited mobility or need space to store a walker let Revd Mike know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Bring a drink of water should you think you may require one.
- Extra cushions will not be provided, bring a cushion if you need one.
- Wear a facemask within the Church.
- Communion Sunday – if you would like to take communion, bring this with you. Your mask should not be removed, just lift to take communion.
- Keep your coats/umbrellas with you at this time.
- Toilets are for emergency use only.
On Sunday, 30 August 2020 the service will run from 10.45-11.15am. Doors will be open from 10.15am to allow time to get everyone seated. Please note, everything will take longer so leave enough time.
Ø Queue in Abbey Water until invited inside. There will be red ribbon at 2m intervals along the railings
Ø No hand shaking or hugging – this will be hard, but a smile of welcome will do!
Ø Steward 1 will be by the gate and will invite you into the building.
Ø Use hand-sanitiser upon entering the building.
Ø Steward 2 will ask you to confirm your name and that all members of your party are feeling well. This record will be kept for 21 days.
Ø Pass through the door on the left to Steward 3 who will direct you to the next available seat. You will not be able to seat in your normal seat. The seating allocation is to ensure you pass as few people as possible on your way in and out.
Ø Once you are seated, do not move around the church.
Ø We will remain seated during the service.
At the end of the service:
Ø A Steward will direct you when it is your turn to stand and leave.
Ø There will be a basket in the vestibule for your collection donations.
Ø Exit the vestibule and garden smoothly to allow others to exit the church.
Ø The Worship Leader will enter and exit via the Rainbow Room into the Vestry.
Ø The organist to enter and exit via the Rainbow Room.
In an emergency, please use the normal evacuation procedures. Thank you.
Risk Assessment - we have completed a risk assessment; this can be viewed on our website.
We have conducted a risk assessment into what is required for us to be able to open the church for public worship and the hall for hire. It is available for download. See below.